programmes admission for the 2017/2018 academic session. The
postgraduate programmes lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma,
Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of
the University of Benin.
UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE
(ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass in Maths and
English is required.
the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition,
all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
(WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the
M.Phil programme in the first instance.
applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must
have obtained a weighted average score of 60% or letter grade ‘B’
average in the Masters degree.
for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in
his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses
or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin
shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a
minimum of 60% or letter grade ‘B’.
the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to
clear into the different courses.
- Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
- Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
- Referees Reports
- Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to email@example.com.
or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall
not be processed unless the referee reports are available. Note:
students are advised to always check the address/telephone when applying.
Special Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree
and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University
of Benin, CLICK HERE!
How to Apply for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission.
Application form must be correctly filled with all information required
before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the UNIBEN
portal at myuniben.org.
are expected to download Referee and Transcript Request Forms from the
website and ensure that these forms are clearly filled with all
information required, and send to Postgraduate School.
- Any Application Form not properly filled will not be treated.
- Candidates are to visit the website from 8th June 2018.
- All application processes must be completed on or before 31st August, 2018.