The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Benefits.
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 16 – 20 October 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by
the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively
participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Eligibility.
- You have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model,
- your company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies,
- you possess a good working knowledge of English.
note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents
(including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel
Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Key Dates.
- Online application (Deadline: 25 June 2018, 10AM CET)
- Notification of application status to all candidates (9 July 2018)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (10 – 27 July 2018)
- Jury decision and final selection of candidates (10 August 2018)
- Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (13 August 2018)
Timeline of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.
- 16 – 20 October 2018: Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany
- October 2018 – September 2019: Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely)
How to Apply for Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.
screen all applications and invite shortlisted candidates for a Skype
interview. Based on the results of both the written applications and
Skype interviews, our jury then selects the candidates who will get to
participate in the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.