The Lagos State Polytechnic is Set to Graduate 6,355 Students During
the 26th Convocation Ceremony Scheduled to Hold in March 9th, 2018.
All is now set as the Lagos State Polytechnic is expected to graduate a
total number of 6,355 Students During 26th Convocation Ceremony for the
Principal Officers, Dean and Director of Schools, Gentlemen of the
and friends of the Polytechnic during the 26th Convocation Press
Conference of the Polytechnic.
In his speech, he affirmed that the Polytechnic will be graduating a
total number of 6355 students on Thursday, March 8, 2018 across all the
Upper Credit, 3,505 in Lower Credit class while 1,271 obtained pass
the Gentlemen of the Press, some of the modest milestones since the last
convocation ceremony in March, 2017.
These achievements include but not limited to:
- Completion of the LASPOTECH FM 101.9 Radio station
- Electricity Supply for day to day administration
- MOU has been signed with Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) for the establishment of a mini Power substation on Ikorodu Campus to tackle the problem of power outage.
- Re-Accreditation to operate as JAMB CBT Centre
- Large Scale Farming of Cassava in preparation for Cassava flour and industrial starch production.
- TETFund Institution -Based Research
So far, eight (8 nos) staff have exploited this TETFund facility to
carry out research in different fields in Year 2017. Presently, the
Institution is awaiting the approval of the Fund for twelve (12nos)
different research projects from the academic staff of this great
- TETFund Fabrication of Equipment
The Rector declared that for the first time, the Polytechnic was able
to access this intervention and about ten (10nos.)
equipment in the School of Engineering were fabricated in year 2017.
Which include amongst others; Palm Oil Pressing Plant, Brake Wear Sensor
on Automobile (Tricycle), Multi-Purpose Juice Extractor, Multi-Purpose
Threshing Shelling and Cleaning Machine.
i Team LASPOTECH was the overall best at the Nigeria Polytechnics Games (NIPOGA) tagged ” Nasarawa 2017
- Awards &Laurels
- LASPOTECH was adjudged the best Centre of the Ready-Set-Work (RSW) Project of the Lagos State Government in Year 2017
- The Polytechnic emerged 2nd in the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) inter-collegiate debate;
Also, the Polytechnic was awarded the 1st Runner Up for Best Linkage
Institution in the year 2017 by the Chartered Institute of Bankers;
Similarly, the Polytechnic came 1st at Quiz Competition organized by
the Nigeria Institute of Town Planners (NITP) – (South-West Chapter), to
mark the 50th Anniversary of the Institute in Year 2017.
steps towards the fulfillment of the promises made for the following
projects at the 25th Convocation Ceremony of the Polytechnic:
- High Capacity Auditorium
- Administrative Building
- Completion of the abandoned ultra-modern sports complex
- Drone Project